For the new players/parents and reminders to all coming to tryouts this Saturday or the following Saturday, here are some tips:
- Come early. Tryouts are per division and are scheduled for two/three hours but the order that you tryout is on a first come basis. So check-in as soon as you get there.
- You will be given a number after you check-in. Listen for your number to be called and then get in the dugout. Usually we tryout players in groups of ten.
- Bring your glove. If you have a bat and batting helmet, bring that. Otherwise you will need to ask to borrow one.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Doesn’t have to be baseball gear but should be something you can run in.
- Wear baseball cleats if you have a pair, otherwise, should be something you can run in.
- Tryouts normally consist of hitting (5 pitches, run to 1st base on the last one), grounders to shortstop that you throw to 1st base and finally fly-balls to the outfield.
- Please don’t try and check-in the first thing in the morning when your division tryouts are not till much later in the day. We won’t except check-ins till at least 30 minutes before that divisions tryouts.
- Once the player has finished trying out, they can leave. You will be contacting once the player has been assigned to a team.
- Parents, please be prepared to help us organize the players into groups, especially the younger divisions. Your assistance will be much appreciated.